Weak ankles? *Graphic Image. Viewer Discretion Advised!
13 November 2017
Round 1 of the NBA and for any of those who follow basketball, you would’ve seen the rather sickening ankle injury sustained by a Boston Celtics player. (For those who are wondering no the foot is not meant to point in that direction. Whilst we do occasionally see nasty injuries like this, the most common ankle injury that we see is an ankle sprain.
- Reducing swelling and pain (Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation and sometimes crutches)
- Regain normal walking patterns
- Basic balance and ankle position awareness exercises
- Maintaining optimal ankle flexibility and strength of the surrounding muscles
- Mid - high level landing/turning and balance exercises
- Return to full training and playing after regaining full confidence in the ankle and ticking off specific return to sport markers
If you have sprained your ankle/ are having ongoing issues with ankle stability or if you need exercises to strengthen your ankles to try and prevent future sprains, contact us at Ascend Physiotherapy on 9387 2699 and we’ll get you back on track to achieving your peak potential.